Do you want to join us in going beyond boundaries and co-create that special user experience with our external and internal customers in mind? In the Borealis Digital Studio, you can be creative, experiment, conquer new ground and develop solutions in high speed and with strong entrepreneurial mind-set in the field of i.e. customer/employee experience design, web applications, AR/VR enabled experiences, leveraging latest technologies.
As Technical Lead/Senior Developer you are responsible for a small development team (1-2 full stack developers). You will be working on multiple projects, from POC’s to MVP’s, leveraging many different technologies. You ensure the success of the delivered solutions or in other words, you enable the team to work with quality.
- You are involved in coaching other developers and challenging them.
- You are responsible for the solution design, architecture, and technical vision
- You work together with the QA Lead, to define and implement quality controls.
- You understand and help with technical analysis, development and delivery of the software.
- You oversee the delivery of releases and reviewing the developers’ work.
- You play an active role in the practice of the agile principles and use your experience to drive software design for sustainable solutions from an architectural point of view.
- You are a central point of contact for the team, both technically and in relation to people coaching.
- University/master degree in computer science or engineering.
- You are fluent in English
- You value a diverse work environment and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are still hands on as lead developer, you lead by example.
- You have good knowledge of front and back end technologies.
- Knowledge of Scrum and the Agile process and SCRUM is necessary, and experience with Jira, Confluence and/or BIT Bucket would be great.
- You know and put to use the CI/CD principles and have a good knowledge of how integrations work with different systems.
- You have knowledge of GIT flow (source control management), and you are comfortable with creating pull requests and doing code reviews.
- You also have knowledge about microservice concepts, webservices and systems integration.
- Quality is important to you and you know how to bring this in an inspiring way to your team.
- You have good people skills and enjoy coaching team members, with a strong focus on team delivery rather than individual performance.
What we have to offer you
Drive your own career
We will provide you with a budget, state-of-the-art tools and support to continuously learn and grow. You will get the opportunity to work on different projects, in different teams, gain cross-functional experience and broaden your scope. We find it important that you go out there. Keep discovering while meeting up with peers at conferences, hackathons, Borealis colleagues, and social events… whatever makes you beat professionally!
We value an open feedback culture and will continuously revisit the goals you have set. Courage, ambition and the skills to explore new routes will accelerate your career, more than anything else. That’s why in the Borealis Studio you are at the driving seat of your own career.
Work hard, play hard
We know that your inner drive makes you work hard and go beyond boundaries. At Borealis’ Digital Studio, we value well-being and give you the flexibility to maintain your own working hours in order to create your personalised work-life balance, off course we expect you to be responsible and act in good understanding with your squad.
You will enjoy the location of our office at Brussels Airport. A stunning place to work, with world-class architecture and next-generation technology in a location that’s accessible from all angles of the world and in close proximity of the railway station.
You won´t fall short in terms of financial benefits. You will get an attractive and competitive salary and fringe benefits that match your background and skills of a successful digital professional.