As a Tech Lead, do you want to …
change the world from the inside out?
enable the development of meaningful solutions for real people?
make a business run better so it can invest back into the planet?
Well … at Borealis Digital Studio …
… you can do it all. In a cool office, overlooking the runways at Zaventem airport, you’ll be working on digital solutions for Borealis, one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions, who’s also a European market leader in base chemicals and the mechanical.
Borealis Digital Studio is the place where you …
- dream up solutions for problems that come fresh out of the can – sometimes, they’ll be as vague and intangible as a cloud of morning fog. But you wouldn’t be reading this if you didn’t like a challenge, would you?
- coach other developers and challenge them.
- are responsible for the solution design, architecture, and technical vision
- work together with the QA Lead, to define and implement quality controls.
- understand and help with technical analysis, development and delivery of the software.
- oversee the delivery of releases and review the developers’ work.
- play an active role in the practice of the agile principles and use your experience to drive software design for sustainable solutions from an architectural point of view.
- are the central point of contact for the team, both technically and in relation to people coaching.
To become part of this exciting club, we expect you to …
- have a university/master’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- be fluent in English
- value a diverse work environment and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- be hands on as lead developer – you lead by example.
- have good knowledge of both front and back end technologies.
- know about Scrum and Agile processes. If you have additional experience in Jira, Confluence and/or BIT Bucket, that’s a serious plus.
- implement CI/CD principles and have a good knowledge of how integrations work with different systems.
- know the GIT flow (source control management) and be comfortable with creating pull requests and doing code reviews.
- know about microservice concepts, webservices and systems integration.
- attach great value to quality and know how to inspire it in your team members (colleagues?).
- enjoy coaching the people in your team, stringing together individual performances into a strong team delivery.
In return, Borealis Digital Studio offers you …
- the driver’s seat to your own career. We’ll make sure you can continuously learn and grow, with the right tools, budget and support. You’ll work on different projects and in different teams, gain cross-functional experience and broaden your scope.
- the control stick to your work-life balance. We set the contours, you do the adjusting yourself. We like happy employees.
- a stunning place to work. Our office at Brussels airport comes with world-class architecture and next-generation technology. We’re easily accessible, also by train.
- an attractive and competitive salary and fringe benefits that match both your background and the skills of a successful digital professional.
Wow. We think we should get in touch. Click the button and apply. Don’t forget to add your name, e-mail, phone number and resume.