Do you want to join us in going beyond boundaries and co-create that special user experience with our external and internal customers in mind? In the Borealis Digital Studio, you can be creative, experiment, conquer new ground and develop solutions in high speed and with strong entrepreneurial mind-set in the field of i.e. customer/employee experience design, web applications, AR/VR enabled experiences, leveraging latest technologies.
We are looking for cross-functional Full Stack Developers who are able to translate business needs into solutions for our customers. We work in small teams that have full ownership of the solution.
As a Full Stack Developer, you work on projects, often greenfield, side by side with another developer. You will have a range of responsibilities from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that client stays on the leading edge of technology. You contribute across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment, to native apps.
It will be your responsibility to:
- Maintain a certain level of quality standards in your code base by implementing unit-/ end-2-end and integration tests.
- Research new technologies and help us keeping ahead of the technology curve by adopting the best tools and practices to get the job done.
- Work closely together with UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between graphical design, technical implementation, and cloud architecture.
- Co-create and develop solutions very quickly and iteratively, following the rhythm of the agile beat
- Collaborate with other agile team members to craft clear user stories, design tests for prototypes and products, and continuously deliver product enhancements
- Communicate with IT teams about any Digital innovations that are tying into bedrock IT systems
- Communicate with business stakeholders about agile processes to set and manage expectations about delivery methods and timelines
- University/master degree in computer science or engineering.
- Significant experience in software development and knowledge of Agile software development process.
- Fluent in English and value a diverse work environment
- You have the ability to implement user-friendly product functionality, with an eye for design, performance and overall user experience.
- Experience with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, highly scalable applications, application security
- Expert in pair programming and incremental design & delivery
- Knowledge of Scrum and the Agile process is necessary, experience with Jira, Confluence and/or BitBucket is a plus.
- Knowledge of GIT flow and being comfortable with creating pull requests and doing code reviews.
- Knowledge of microservice concepts, webservices and systems integration.
- Quality is important to you and you know how to bring this in an inspiring way to your team.
- Good interpersonal skills allowing you to work well within small, empowered teams.
- We have integrations with SAP and Salesforce.com, experience with these is a big asset!
What we have to offer you
Drive your own career
We will provide you with a budget, state-of-the-art tools and support to continuously learn and grow. You will get the opportunity to work on different projects, in different teams, gain cross-functional experience and broaden your scope. We find it important that you go out there. Keep discovering while meeting up with peers at conferences, hackathons, Borealis colleagues, and social events… whatever makes you beat professionally!
We value an open feedback culture and will continuously revisit the goals you have set. Courage, ambition and the skills to explore new routes will accelerate your career, more than anything else. That’s why in the Borealis Studio you are at the driving seat of your own career.
Work hard, play hard
We know that your inner drive makes you work hard and go beyond boundaries. At Borealis’ Digital Studio, we value well-being and give you the flexibility to maintain your own working hours in order to create your personalised work-life balance, off course we expect you to be responsible and act in good understanding with your squad.
You will enjoy the location of our office at Brussels Airport. A stunning place to work, with world-class architecture and next-generation technology in a location that’s accessible from all angles of the world and in close proximity of the railway station.
You won´t fall short in terms of financial benefits. You will get an attractive and competitive salary and fringe benefits that match your background and skills of a successful digital professional.