As a Full Stack Developer, have you ever considered …
changing the world from the inside out?
developing meaningful solutions for real people?
making a business / an organization run better so it can invest back into the planet?
Well … at Borealis Digital Studio …
… you can do it all. In a cool office, overlooking the runways at Zaventem airport, you’ll be working on digital solutions for Borealis, one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions, who’s also a European market leader in base chemicals and the mechanical.
So, Borealis Digital Studio is the place where you …
- dream up solutions for problems that come fresh out of the can – sometimes, they’ll be as vague and intangible as a cloud of morning fog. But you wouldn’t be reading this if you didn’t like a challenge, would you?
- take pride in your responsibilities: from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that Borealis stays on the leading edge of technology.
- contribute to the full technology stack: database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment, and even native apps.
At Borealis Digital Studio, we’ll trust you with these tasks:
- maintaining quality standards in your code base by implementing unit or end-2-end and integration tests.
- researching new technologies – of course, as we want to stay ahead of the technology curve by adopting the best tools and practices
- working closely together with UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between graphical design, technical implementation, and cloud architecture.
- co-creating and developing solutions quickly and iteratively, following the rhythm of the agile beat.
- crafting clear user stories, design tests for prototypes and products, and continuously delivering product enhancements. On your own? Of course not: you and your agile team members will be watching each other’s back.
- communicating with IT teams about any digital innovation that is tied into bedrock IT systems.
- communicating with and managing expectations of business stakeholders about agile processes – they need to know about delivery methods and timelines, you know.
To become part of this exciting club, we expect you to …
- have a university/master’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- be significantly experienced in software development, know the Agile software development process like the back of your hand.
- be fluent in English and value a diverse work environment.
- have the ability to implement user-friendly product functionality, with an eye for design, performance and overall user experience.
- have experience with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, highly scalable applications and application security.
- be an expert in pair programming and incremental design & delivery.
- know about Scrum and Agile processes. If you’re experienced with Jira, Confluence and/or BitBucket: that’s a definite plus.
- have an idea about GIT flow and be comfortable with creating pull requests and doing code reviews.
- know about microservice concepts, webservices and systems integration.
- attach great value to quality and know how to inspire it in your team members (colleagues?).
- be able to empower your colleagues with your interpersonal skills.
- know a thing or two about SAP and Salesforce.com, as we have integrations with these two platforms.
In return, Borealis Digital Studio offers you …
- the driver’s seat to your own career. We’ll make sure you can continuously learn and grow, with the right tools, budget and support. You’ll work on different projects and in different teams, gain cross-functional experience and broaden your scope.
- the control stick to your work-life balance. We set the contours, you do the adjusting yourself. We like happy employees.
- a stunning place to work. Our office at Brussels airport comes with world-class architecture and next-generation technology. We’re easily accessible, also by train.
- an attractive and competitive salary and fringe benefits that match both your background and the skills of a successful digital professional.
Wow. We think we should get in touch. Click the button and apply. Don’t forget to add your name, e-mail, phone number and resume.