As a Development Lead, do you want to …
change the world from the inside out?
enable the development of meaningful solutions for real people?
make a business run better so it can invest back into the planet?
Well … at Borealis Digital Studio …
… you can do it all. In a cool office, overlooking the runways at Zaventem airport, you’ll be working on digital solutions for Borealis, one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions, who’s also a European market leader in base chemicals and the mechanical.
At Borealis Digital Studio, we’ll trust you with these tasks:
- leading a diverse agile team of professionals. Specifically, you’ll be the pivot of a team of (about) 12 full-stack developers who work on multiple projects, from POC’s to MVP’s, leveraging many different technologies
- coaching your team members in self-management and cross-functionality, and supporting their personal development. You’re their first point of contact for people related matters
- helping your team in overcoming challenges related to ways of working and interacting
- together with the Solutions Architect: ensuring the success of the delivered solutions, and looking for continuous improvement
- together with the QA Lead: defining and implementing quality controls
- functioning as a bridge between the development team and the other teams in the Digital Studio.
To become part of this exciting club, we expect you to …
- have a university/master’s degree in computer science or engineering
- be fluent in English
- have excellent people skills and enjoy coaching team members, with a strong focus on team delivery rather than individual performance
- know how to work with and lead agile teams
- value a diverse work environment and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- be hands on as lead developer – you lead by example
- have some knowledge of front and back-end technologies
- have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching
- are experienced in working in complex, corporate structures
- adapt your coaching style to suit a wide array of learning styles
- attach great value to quality and know how to inspire it in your team members.
In return, Borealis Digital Studio offers you …
- the driver’s seat to your own career. We’ll make sure you can continuously learn and grow, with the right tools, budget and support. You’ll work on different projects and in different teams, gain cross-functional experience and broaden your scope.
- the control stick to your work-life balance. We set the contours, you do the adjusting. We like happy employees.
- a stunning place to work. Our office at Brussels airport comes with world-class architecture and next-generation technology. We’re easily accessible, also by train.
- an attractive and competitive salary and fringe benefits that match both your background and the skills of a successful digital professional.
Wow. We think we should get in touch. Click the button and apply. Don’t forget to add your name, e-mail, phone number and resume.